Formal Dinner Menu
Read on for details of our varied and beautiful menu - Tasty Spit Roast Palmerston North
- Formal Dinner Menu
- Light Meal Menu
- Spit Roast Delivery Menu
- Spit Roast Delivery Service
- Mid Winter Christmas Menu
- Spit Roasted Rolls
On-site Service Menu, for Weddings etc
Starters - cold platters - also perfect for post-work drinks, cocktail snacks
- Blini spread with cream cheese and smoked salmon
- Pate/Crostini freshly made chicken liver pate and herbed crostini
- Cheese/Crackers assorted crackers served with soft and cheddar cheeses and various pickle spreads
- Antipasto sticks tooth picked treats with mixtures of salami, gherkins and pickled onion.
- Vegetarian dip both carrot and celery sticks for dipping in our refreshing mixture of natural yoghurt, mint and cucumber dip
- Pin Wheels flaky pastry spread with fresh basil pesto and grated cheese,rolled baked and glazed into bite sized morsels
Cold platters choose three items
Starters - hot Platters
- Devils on horseback skewered prunes wrapped in streaky bacon and barbecued
- Mussels and streaky bacon marinated mussels wrapped in streaky bacon tooth picked and barbecued
- Cheese Kransky sausage bite sized pieces of German style sausage barbecued and tooth-picked
- Beef kebabs fresh prime beef, marinated over night in fresh garlic Red onion and red wine skewered and barbecued to medium rare
- Chicken kebabs fresh chicken breast marinated with fresh ginger and sweet soy skewered and barbecued
- Meat balls tasty and delicious lamb meat balls barbecued and served with a rich mint sauce
Hot platters choose three items.
(This may be subject to change or to suit your requirements.)
Spit Roast Main dishes
Please choose your three favourite meats:
- Prime Rump Roast Marinated with fresh garlic & oil
- Succulent Rolled Shoulder of Pork Rolled and salted for crackling
- Champagne Ham Finest quality smoked ham
- Golden Roasted Chicken Rolled, boned and seasoned
Condiments of rich brown gravy, honey mustard, apple sauce and salt and pepper. Gourmet Potatoes buttered and garnished with either Italian parsley or mint.
Please choose five salads or vegetables or a mixture of both (total of five) to complete your meal.
- Baked red kumara and/or golden pumpkin
- Broccoli and/or cauliflower with mornay sauce
- Baby carrots
- Green peas
- Rainbow coleslaw
- Freshly prepared Green Salad (tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber, lettuce)
- Homemade French dressing or Saladaise dressing
Choose three pasta salads from the following:
- Bombay Rice
- Chinese Noodle
- Hawaiian Ham Pasta
- Greek Salad
- Tuna Pasta
- Thai Noodle
- Softly baked French stick sliced and spread with Olivani
Please choose two desserts from the following list: We offer traditional desserts such as Creamed Pavlova, Chocolate Brownie, or Apple Crumble. Our traditional dessert menu is served with Tropical Fruit Salad. As an alternative option do ask about our sweet treat and fresh fruit platters including the wedding cake served casually or direct to the dining tables - do contact us to discuss options.
Alternatively, please contact us for an extended dessert list or your favourite request.
Three-course menu supplied with plated dessert at $52.80 per person inclusive, or three course menu supplied with traditional dessert $58.00 OR two-course menu at $48.50 per person, choose Starters and Main or Main and Dessert, single course main meal $38.50. (Crockery and Cutlery supplied within this price.)
Contact us to talk through further options or to discuss further options available within the service.